Subject: Deadline extended - FOR ACTION – 2024 SURVEY - ECDC assessment of public health workforce in the EU/EEA
From: "Director" <[email-masked]>
To: "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>, "TA Info" <[email-masked]>, "Natalia Kerbo" <[email-masked]>, "Otto Helve" <[email-masked]>, "Anne-Catherine VISO" <[email-masked]>, "Rexroth, Ute" <[email-masked]>, "Christakis Chatzichristodoulou" <
Cc: "Preparedness and Response" <[email-masked]>, "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "Savolainen-Kopra Carita" <[email-masked]>, "Paula GARCIA-LOBATO" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "AnderHeidenMa" <[email-masked]>, "Theodora Kalomama" <[email-masked]>, "Dimitrios Paraskevis" <[email-masked]>, "phc.office" <[email-masked]>,Rezsőfi Judit <
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2024 10:40:44 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

ECDC NORMAL

To: National Coordinators - Members

Cc: National Coordinators - Alternates

Dear ECDC National Coordinators,

Thank you to the ones of you who took the time to reply to the survey.

Following the request of several Member States facing the common issue of 
shortage of workforce, also exacerbated by the impact of COVID-19 pandemic 
on the health systems, ECDC launched this 2024 survey as a tool for 
countries to map the size and composition of the existing workforce 
capacities in the area of communicable disease prevention and control in 
human health.

The survey has been revised and updated by the ECDC Advisory Forum. As of 
now, only 12 replies have been submitted and given this low response rate 
the final report may be of limited value.

Therefore, the deadline for submission will be extended until 5th July 2024. 
We really look forward to your replies.

Should you have any question please feel free to contact the ECDC Emergency 
Preparedness and Response Support Section by email at 
[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> .

With best regards,

Andrea Ammon,

ECDC Director

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

From: Director
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2024 11:07 AM
To: sigrid.kiermayr <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ;  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked];  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ;  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ;  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]; [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>
Cc: Preparedness and Response <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ;  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]; [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ;  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ;  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ;  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ;  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]; [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ;  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Kind reminder - FOR ACTION – 2024 SURVEY - ECDC assessment of 
public health workforce in the EU/EEA

To: National Coordinators - Members

Cc: National Coordinators - Alternates

Dear ECDC National Coordinators,

ECDC would like to invite you to complete the 2024 survey ”ECDC assessment 
of public health workforce in the area of prevention and control of 
communicable diseases in the EU/EEA”.

The aim of the survey is to serve as a tool for countries to map the size 
and composition of their existing public health workforce capacities in the 
area of communicable disease prevention and control. This exercise can 
support countries in taking stock of strengths and gaps of current 
capacities and can inform a more tailored in-country and EU-level public 
health work force capacity building approach.

ECDC has previously worked to monitor the evolution of public health 
workforce capacity in EU/EEA countries in the field of communicable diseases 
prevention and control through a regular survey launched in 2015, 2018 and 
2021 combined with a survey on training needs. However, to reflect the 
post-pandemic circumstances and the increased importance of having a 
specific focus on workforce capacity, the survey has been revised and 
updated by the ECDC Advisory Forum working group on workforce capacity in 
2023.

You will receive the link to the survey in a separate email coming from 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
with the subject: ”2024 SURVEY - ECDC assessment of public health workforce 
in the EU/EEA”. It takes approximately 30 minutes to fill it in. Please note 
that you can further share the received link via email with other 
counterparts, whose input may be necessary to complete the survey. However, 
the final submission should be done only by you as the designated National 
Coordinator by the 31th May 2024. 

ECDC will be running two online survey clinics during May for all those 
responding to this survey to give specific user support. Please join us if 
you have specific questions or issues related to the survey.

*        Tuesday 7 May 10:00-11:00 ( 
<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_Y2YwYzhjOGUtMjY3Yi00OWJlLTk1ZTQtNzZmZTlkMDUzOGM1%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%226ad73702-409c-4046-ae59-cc4bea334507%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22d38db698-2505-4ef5-bc37-9e60b47fe257%22%7d> 
connection link1)

*        Tuesday 21 May 15:00-16:00 ( 
<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_MmJmZGZhYmYtMWUxZi00MGNhLTlkYTQtNWI3YjA4MzNkMDZm%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%226ad73702-409c-4046-ae59-cc4bea334507%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22d38db698-2505-4ef5-bc37-9e60b47fe257%22%7d> 
connection link2)

To ask any question by email, please feel free to contact the ECDC Emergency 
Preparedness and Response Support Section at 
<mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked].

Thank you for taking part in this EU/EEA-wide assessment.

With best regards,

Andrea Ammon,

ECDC Director

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.